BMW introduced the MINI marque in 2001 and doing so successively reviving a cult classic. Retro styling combined with German engineering and the newest technology produces an agile, squared cornered sports car that is fun to drive.
The Cooper, the supercharged or turbocharged Cooper S, Convertible, the bigger Clubman, some with factory add on performance packages John Cooper Works, makes the MINI a fast, unique small car.
Mini Cooper Service and Repair in Tucson
European Auto Tech’s master technicians have been performing routine maintenance, diagnostics and repair of all models of MINI Cooper vehicles for years. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff has the experience, skills and equipment to affordably diagnose and repair all MINI Cooper issues, and provide the regular preventative maintenance your MINI Cooper needs to keep it running smoothly for years to come.
Common MINI Cooper Service and Repairs Performed
Once we have diagnosed a problem with your MINI Cooper, our goal is to share as much information as possible with you, along with our recommended solution in a way that is easy to understand. In many cases, we will discuss different options for repairs and the risks and benefits associated with each.
No work is conducted on your MINI Cooper without your express permission to do so. Our objective is to always provide you the highest quality repair at competitive pricing, all the while treating your MINI Cooper as if it were our own. The following are some of the most common MINI Cooper issues we have serviced in our Tucson shop.
Loud Squealing and/or Grinding Noise with Lack of Power in R50 R52 R53 Chassis
The most common culprit for squealing and grinding noises in these vehicles is the harmonic balancer failing and coming apart. The squealing and grinding is a result of the outer ring slipping on the inner ring of the balancer. If driven this way can also lead to the outer ring of the balancer grinding into the lower timing chain housing causing more damage.
Rough Running, Loud Rattle at Start Up in N14 Turbocharged Cooper S Models
Often times, the timing chain tensioner is “not extending” far enough (according to MINI) to maintain tension on the timing chain. The correct repair is to replace the timing chain with guide rails and tensioner. While not a trivial repair, if left and not repaired in time the timing chain can jump timing allowing the valves to collide with the pistons causing extensive engine damage. European Auto Tech can service your MINI before such a catastrophic event occurs.
Inside Door Handle Not Working
The inside door release handle cable becomes dislodged from the latch housing due to its design. This can be repaired by putting a piece of friction tape on the cable and placing it back into the latch housing.
Rough Running, Check Engine Light N14 Turbocharged Cooper S Models
One common problem with these engines is a “carbon sludge buildup” on the intake valves. Restricting airflow into the cylinders causing a rough running and misfiring of the affected cylinders. Proper fix is to remove the intake manifold and use a walnut shell blaster to remove the buildup without damaging the valves. European Auto Tech has the specialized tools to quickly perform this repair important repair.
Slow Coolant Leak on All MINI Coopers
The plastic thermostat housing on the engine warps over time, causing a continues but slow coolant leak. The appropriate repair is replacement of the housing and thermostat. Be careful, there are a lot of aftermarket knockoff thermostat housings available, and we have seen many cases of other shops using cheap housings which leads to customers coming to us for a coolant leak from their “newly” replaced housings.
MINI Cooper Service
When it comes to MINI Cooper service, we have you covered. Our knowledgeable staff and fully equipped shop will provide you with the most comfortable MINI Cooper experience you can have. We will take care of your MINI Cooper as if it was our own. Our service includes anything from routine maintenance to complete and accurate mechanical and diagnostic repairs.
Below is a list of the services we offer. If you don’t see what you need, simply contact us and we will be happy to help.
- Oil and filter change
- Minor service
- Inspection 1
- Inspection 2
- Safety inspection
- Brake Fluid Service
- Cooling System Service
- Transmission Service
- Transfer case service including X-drive
- Differential service
- Spark plug replacement
- Air filter replacement
- Fuel filter replacement
- Cabin air filter/pollen filter
CBS: Condition Based Service
- Oil Service
- Vehicle check (old MINI Cooper Inspection 1 and 2)
- Brake fluid flush
- Front brake pads/rotors
- Rear brake pads/rotors
- Micro/Pollen filter
- Spark plug replacement
- Diesel Particulate filter
- State vehicle inspection (if required by your state)
- State emission test (if required by your state)
Additional MINI Cooper Services
- Check engine light, Service engine soon light scanning, diagnosing and repair
- Control unit coding and programming
- Fuel injection diagnosing and repair
- Fuel injection cleaning and servicing
- Fuel system including fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel injectors
- Ignition system including spark plugs, coils, ignition wires
- Major and minor engine repair
- Valve adjustment
- Cooling system repair including radiator, water pump, thermostat
- Exhaust system including catalytic converter repair and upgrading
- Emissions testing
- Diesel injection service and repair
- Motor mounts
- Timing belt replacement
- Timing chain, tensioners and guide repair
- Serpentine and V-belt and tensioner replacement
- Electrical diagnosing and repair including body systems and lighting
- Battery maintenance and replacement
- Starting and charging systems diagnosing and repair
- Brake system repair including disc and drum brakes, master cylinders, brake lines
- ABS/ASC/DSC brake system service and repair
- Automatic and manual transmission repair and servicing
- Drive axles, CV joints, driveshafts
- Clutch systems, clutch controls slave and maser cylinders
- Heating and Air Conditioning repair and servicing
- Suspension components, shock, struts, sway bar
- Hydraulic and Air controlled suspension system
- vSteering components, power steering pump, rack, tie rod assemblies
- Body systems including:
- Windows and window regulators
- Doors, door locks and handles
- Seats, seat motors and controls
Pre-Purchase MINI Cooper Inspection
We offer a comprehensive buyer’s inspection of pre-owned MINI Cooper vehicles. We perform a thorough check of major systems, body and chassis, suspension, brakes and drive-train. We then compile a complete report for the buyer giving the buyer a sense of what expenses may be incurred in the near future, how well the car was maintained and the overall condition of the vehicle, allowing you to make the most informed MINI Cooper purchase decision.
New MINI Cooper Vehicle Owners Under Factory Warranty
We can perform your required or necessary maintenance services while your MINI Cooper is still under factory warranty. We use factory approved parts and lubricants. We will stamp your maintenance book. You are not required to take your MINI Cooper back to an authorized dealer for services or maintenance services that you are required to pay for. Contact us for details.
MINI Cooper Extended Warranties
European Auto Tech will work with your extended service agreement or warranty. We will review your coverage, obtain the necessary approvals and process the required documentation.
Schedule Mini Cooper Service, Repair or Inspection with European Auto Tech
Use the form below, or contact us by phone, to schedule an appointment to service, repair or inspect your Mini Cooper vehicle at our 1st Avenue shop in Tucson, Arizona. Let our master technicians and courteous staff make you our newest in a long line of satisfied clients.
Welcome to the European Auto Tech family.
Appointment Request Form
Please note: This is a request form. We will contact you to schedule your actual appointment.